1. Riana has joined our team as the new office manager; she has been a wonderful addition. She is new to dentistry but is picking things up very quickly. She loves to learn and loves our great patients.
2. Although we've done i.v. sedation in the practice for over a year now, we've added a nurse anesthetist to help with our cases. Mitch Larson is a CRNA that works in Greeley in the hospital and comes to our office when needed to assist in our i.v. sedation cases. This has been a great addition. With him doing the sedation, it allows us to concentrate on the dentistry.
3. I've been training at the White Cap Institute in Heber, UT. It has been an incredible experience in dental implant and other surgical training. I've spent 10 days there since January and have loved the learning environment. Through this training, I'm more comfortable with more complicated implant surgery.
4. I've began my journey to accreditation with the American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry. I will be attending the National Scientific Session in Boston in May for continuing education and instruction on the required cosmetic cases to get accredited.
5. I'm continuing to pursue the training through the Dawson Academy out of Florida. I attended a great 3-day lecture in January learning more thorough comprehensive care. We are continuing to implement these great concepts into practice.
In all, the practice is moving forward, and I feel our service is always improving. My vision is a patient-centered practice where we can serve our patients even better by offering state-of-art, comprehensive, dental care. As I look back over the last year, we have improved and have been able to implement some great changes bringing us closer to my ideal practice. Thanks to all my wonderful patients that allow me to practice dentistry. I love what I do and love those people I work with and for.
Tim Owens, DDS